Media: Talk of the Trade: Hard TV times
Wednesday 09 September 1992
Independent Television Commission figures show that average expenditure on an hour-long programme (excluding TVam) fell from pounds 176,000 in 1987 to pounds 69,000 in 1991. Channel 4's Big Breakfast, which starts on 28 September, will have no more than pounds 15,000 an hour to spend. But it could be worse. BSkyB's average per hour in March 1992, before the big spend on football, was pounds 3,450.
Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
Jihadi John': MI5 may have identified Isis militant who killed David Haines but options limited
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Scottish independence: Police will be on high alert on Friday whatever the result
The wedding photo from Ground Zero: A shot in the dark
- 1 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 2 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 3 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
- 4 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
£40k - £50k depending on experience: Sheffield Doc/Fest: Sheffield Doc/Fest is...
£15-20k (DOE) + Benefits / Bonus: Guru Careers: Joining as a Resourcer / Juni...
£55 - 70k: Guru Careers: Head of Design & UX / UX Architect is needed to join ...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: CITY - A specialist opportunity with ...