More success for both Independent titles
Saturday 11 March 2006
The Independent and its sister paper, The Independent on Sunday, were the only national newspapers to record month-on-month and year-on-year sales increases in figures released yesterday by the Audit Bureau of Circulations.
A sale of 266,075 gave The Independent a 12 per cent share of the quality newspaper market, the paper's highest market share since October 2004. The circulation figure represented a 0.9 per cent increase on February 2005 and a 3 per cent increase on last month.
The Guardian, The Times and The Daily Telegraph all saw their circulations fall between January and February.
The Independent on Sunday sales rose by 17.1 per cent year-on-year, to 244,287, the largest annual increase of any national newspaper in any market.
Royal Marine Sgt Alexander Blackman jailed for life for the murder of Afghan insurgent
Ja Rule forced to deny leaving wife for prison cell mate
Nelson Mandela: 11 inspirational quotes to live your life by
Ryanair calls on CAA to act over air traffic chaos caused by telephone system glitch
Crash pilot who threatened Ukip leader Nigel Farage found dead
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail
- < Previous
- Next >
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: "Exciting Audit S...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Put your media, photography and arts flair in...
£25000 - £30000 per annum + excellent benefits: PCR Recruitment Limited: Europ...