More success for both Independent titles
Saturday 11 March 2006
The Independent and its sister paper, The Independent on Sunday, were the only national newspapers to record month-on-month and year-on-year sales increases in figures released yesterday by the Audit Bureau of Circulations.
A sale of 266,075 gave The Independent a 12 per cent share of the quality newspaper market, the paper's highest market share since October 2004. The circulation figure represented a 0.9 per cent increase on February 2005 and a 3 per cent increase on last month.
The Guardian, The Times and The Daily Telegraph all saw their circulations fall between January and February.
The Independent on Sunday sales rose by 17.1 per cent year-on-year, to 244,287, the largest annual increase of any national newspaper in any market.
Michael Douglas regrets 'embarrassing' Catherine Zeta-Jones with oral sex comments
Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
Ex-Scientologist Carmen Llwyelyn blasts 'cult' and her treatment after divorce with Jason Lee
Tunisian builder has been hailed a hero after knocking gunman to the ground with roof tiles
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 Why it matters 26 million people have changed their Facebook profile picture to a rainbow flag
- 4 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 5 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: First things first - for the av...
Competitive: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Creative Designer / Graphic Design...
£18 - 23k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Marketing Executive / Assistant is n...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers' in retail...