More success for both Independent titles
Saturday 11 March 2006
The Independent and its sister paper, The Independent on Sunday, were the only national newspapers to record month-on-month and year-on-year sales increases in figures released yesterday by the Audit Bureau of Circulations.
A sale of 266,075 gave The Independent a 12 per cent share of the quality newspaper market, the paper's highest market share since October 2004. The circulation figure represented a 0.9 per cent increase on February 2005 and a 3 per cent increase on last month.
The Guardian, The Times and The Daily Telegraph all saw their circulations fall between January and February.
The Independent on Sunday sales rose by 17.1 per cent year-on-year, to 244,287, the largest annual increase of any national newspaper in any market.
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Putin critic may have been murdered by Islamic extremists, says president-led committee
Stephen Hawking's wife Jane Wilde on their marriage breakdown: 'The family were left behind'
British are sexually uptight, dirty and drink too much – according to Spanish book
PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
White and gold or blue and black – what colour is the dress? An eyewitness gives a definitive answer
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 3 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 Saudi Muslim cleric claims the Earth is 'stationary' and the sun rotates around it
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A thriving online media busines...