"Nude swimmer hugging wife" (British Heart Foundation)
Tuesday 29 April 2008
ASA verdict - Not upheld
What the ASA said:
This ad for the charity British Heart Foundation appeared as a poster and in the national press. It featured a man and a women cuddling on a beach. The man was naked except for a swimming hat and goggles. Complainants objected that the nudity in the ad was offensive and gratuitous and irrelevant to the advertised product. Several also complained that the poster, some of which were placed near primary schools, was unsuitable for display where it could be seen by children.
We noted that the man’s genitals were covered and the nudity in the ad was not explicit, therefore, we believed the ad was unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence, or to harm children
Kate Winslet thanked 'particularly horrible' girl who bullied her at school after Titanic success
Blue moon: rare cosmic event to light up the sky
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
What turns someone into a conspiracy theorist? Study to look at why some are more 'receptive' to such theories
Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 1 Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
- 2 Stuart Baggs dies: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 Whoopi Goldberg tells Cara Delevingne to suck it up: 'She's not famous. I'M famous'
- 4 1000 people played Foo Fighters simultaneously to try and get them to play their city
- 5 Every club should be like Labour – you can’t join as a new member unless you’re already a member
£40000 - £47000 per annum + bonus + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing ...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + up to £22K + commission : Sauce Recruitment: The ...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + up to £26K + team commission: Sauce Recruitment: H...
£30000 - £32000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A major film studio are looking ...