"Nude swimmer hugging wife" (British Heart Foundation)
Tuesday 29 April 2008
ASA verdict - Not upheld
What the ASA said:
This ad for the charity British Heart Foundation appeared as a poster and in the national press. It featured a man and a women cuddling on a beach. The man was naked except for a swimming hat and goggles. Complainants objected that the nudity in the ad was offensive and gratuitous and irrelevant to the advertised product. Several also complained that the poster, some of which were placed near primary schools, was unsuitable for display where it could be seen by children.
We noted that the man’s genitals were covered and the nudity in the ad was not explicit, therefore, we believed the ad was unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence, or to harm children
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' involving 300,000 pieces of rubbish must be averted, warn scientists
- 1 Oxford is the least affordable city in the UK, where houses cost 11 times local salaries
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a leading digital agency bu...
£16000 - £27000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: We're looking for...
£18000 - £27000 per annum + Commission + Award-Winning Benefits): Flight Centr...
£18000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre First and Business: This i...