"Nude swimmer hugging wife" (British Heart Foundation)
Tuesday 29 April 2008
ASA verdict - Not upheld
What the ASA said:
This ad for the charity British Heart Foundation appeared as a poster and in the national press. It featured a man and a women cuddling on a beach. The man was naked except for a swimming hat and goggles. Complainants objected that the nudity in the ad was offensive and gratuitous and irrelevant to the advertised product. Several also complained that the poster, some of which were placed near primary schools, was unsuitable for display where it could be seen by children.
We noted that the man’s genitals were covered and the nudity in the ad was not explicit, therefore, we believed the ad was unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence, or to harm children
- 1 I was a Woman Against Feminism too
- 2 Fifty Shades of Grey movie trailer released: First look at Jamie Dornan as Christian Grey
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 5 The Tory donor whose firm is one of Britain’s biggest tax avoiders - with HMRC's blessing
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency is currently ...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency in Central Lo...
£40000 - £55000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: DBA, London,...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...