"Nude swimmer hugging wife" (British Heart Foundation)
Tuesday 29 April 2008
ASA verdict - Not upheld
What the ASA said:
This ad for the charity British Heart Foundation appeared as a poster and in the national press. It featured a man and a women cuddling on a beach. The man was naked except for a swimming hat and goggles. Complainants objected that the nudity in the ad was offensive and gratuitous and irrelevant to the advertised product. Several also complained that the poster, some of which were placed near primary schools, was unsuitable for display where it could be seen by children.
We noted that the man’s genitals were covered and the nudity in the ad was not explicit, therefore, we believed the ad was unlikely to cause serious or widespread offence, or to harm children
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
The ten coldest places on Earth
Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
Housing double whammy: A whole generation ‘won’t be able to buy or rent a home’
'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
Initially paid internship designed to lead to full-time job: Inspiring Interns...
£27000 - £31000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Global travel com...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: "Exciting Audit S...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...