Court joins tweeters
Monday 06 February 2012
The highest court in the land will "tweet" from today, issuing news about judgements.
A court spokesman said that it would be the first Supreme Court in the world to do this.
To launch the service, the Supreme Court will tweet live from the swearing-in of new justice, Lord Reed, who joins the court today.
The spokesman said the aim is to get the channel running before justices prepare their judgement in WikiLeaks' boss Julian Assange's extradition appeal.
Out-of-touch MPs ‘don’t get it’, says ex-Civil Service chief
George Clooney and Amal fail to get special treatment at New York restaurant
'A girl is more responsible for rape than a boy': The statement that shocked the world... except India
African jawbone discovery pushes birth of humanity back by 400,000 years
The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 4 African jawbone discovery pushes birth of humanity back by 400,000 years
- 5 The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
£27000 - £33000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End Devel...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Ledger & Credit Control...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: Our client help leading creative agencies ...