Court joins tweeters
Monday 06 February 2012
The highest court in the land will "tweet" from today, issuing news about judgements.
A court spokesman said that it would be the first Supreme Court in the world to do this.
To launch the service, the Supreme Court will tweet live from the swearing-in of new justice, Lord Reed, who joins the court today.
The spokesman said the aim is to get the channel running before justices prepare their judgement in WikiLeaks' boss Julian Assange's extradition appeal.
A former custard factory, a Midlands bog and a Leeds cemetery all included in top 50 hidden spots in the UK
Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
Drew Barrymore’s sister Jessica found dead in her car surrounded by 'dozens of white pills'
'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 HSBC closes bank accounts belonging to Muslim clients in the UK
- < Previous
- Next >
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency have won a fe...
£18000 - £22000 per annum, Benefits: Excellent Uncapped Commission Structure: ...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Charter Selection: This exciting entertainment comp...