Court joins tweeters
Monday 06 February 2012
The highest court in the land will "tweet" from today, issuing news about judgements.
A court spokesman said that it would be the first Supreme Court in the world to do this.
To launch the service, the Supreme Court will tweet live from the swearing-in of new justice, Lord Reed, who joins the court today.
The spokesman said the aim is to get the channel running before justices prepare their judgement in WikiLeaks' boss Julian Assange's extradition appeal.
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£50000 per annum + 26 days, pension, private medical : Ashdown Group: A highly...
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Service Desk Analyst - Chessington, Surrey...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Charter Selection: This renowned and well establish...