'Gap Yah' sketch wins online prize
Monday 13 December 2010
A satirical sketch poking fun at posh "gap yah" students has been named one of the online hits of the year.
The three-minute, 18-second film made by comedy group The Unexpected Items has been watched on video-sharing website YouTube more than 2.6 million times this year.
Gap Yah, right, shows Orlando calling his friend Tarquin to tell him about his trip around the developing world on "a spiritual, cultural, political exchange thing".
The video was named Homegrown Comedy Hit of the Year by YouTube.
Justin Bieber's track "Baby" was the most-viewed video in the UK, followed by Eminem's "Love the Way You Lie".
The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
Czech police haul migrants off trains to Germany and 'write numbers on their arms in ink'
Trans actress Candis Cayne reveals she walked out of Curb Your Enthusiasm audition over an offensive joke
More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 Make your voice heard: Sign The Independent's petition to welcome refugees
£12000 - £13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This social media management pr...
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Deputy Editor - Wimbledon...
£26000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Editor (Magazines/Publish...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...