Manteresting: the Pinterest designed especially for men with pictures of attractive women, log cabins and beer jokes
Does the world really need a place for virtual fist bumps?
Are you a man who wants to use Pinterest but can’t stand scrolling through the wedding dresses, cupcakes and sundry pink items? Then you need Manteresting.
This new website, like Pinterest, allows people to share pictures of things they like. But there, users don’t “pin” things, they “nail” them. If you like them, then just as you do with your buddy’s fist, you “bump” them. And your favourite expressions of masculinity can be collected on your very own “workbench”. There is a social networking aspect, too, which the site promises to help users “be more awesome at life”.
With 75,000 items shared, there is already a pattern of things emerging: pictures of log cabins, tree houses, and combined with beer jokes and the occasional pro-gun ad. Also very popular are pictures of attractive women (how long before those begin to dominate?).
It’s the stuff that men send to their friends over email every day. And it begs the question: given that most of the web is male-made and male-focused, do we really need our own corner of it to share pictures of George W Bush’s ties?
- 1 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery reports: 'I'm living a fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy not arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 Video: Boxer Vido Loncar brutally assaults referee following defeat
£80000 - £90000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: Working for an International Mul...
£25000 - £27000 per annum + Bonus: Sauce Recruitment: Within your role as Busi...
£15 - 20k: Guru Careers: We are looking for an eager IT Graduate / Technology ...
£55 - 65k + 25% Y1 OTE + Fantastic Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an e...