Online hypnotist calls off stunt
Tuesday 05 January 2010
An attempt to set a record for a live online hypnotherapy session was abandoned at the last minute last night after the organiser, Chris Hughes, claimed international legal restrictions prevented the broadcast from going ahead.
He also admitted that the attempt would not qualify for Guinness World Records as it could not be officially validated. The Banbury-based hypnotist resorted to a digital audio file for users to download and listen to in their own time. Users vented their frustration on Twitter. One post read: "Give me 20 minutes of my life back!"
Mr Hughes, 34, said on his site: "I am totally gutted that we could not do it live. I am sorry if I have disappointed you all."
The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
Czech police haul migrants off trains to Germany and 'write numbers on their arms in ink'
Trans actress Candis Cayne reveals she walked out of Curb Your Enthusiasm audition over an offensive joke
More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£12000 - £13000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This social media management pr...
£23000 - £26000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Deputy Editor - Wimbledon...
£26000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Editor (Magazines/Publish...
£25000 - £28000 per annum + 24 days holiday, bonus, etc.: Ashdown Group: Print...