Thailand: Editor Chiranuch Premchaiporn sentenced over royal posts
Thursday 31 May 2012
A website editor was given an eight-month suspended jail sentence for failing quickly to remove posts deemed offensive to the monarchy. The case adds to a growing debate over Thailand's draconian laws against insulting the royal family.
The Bangkok Criminal Court ruled yesterday that posts on the Prachatai news website were offensive to the royal family and that its editor, Chiranuch Premchaiporn, failed to remove them promptly, as requested by the court. At least one post stayed online for 20 days.
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
Ferguson: In the heartlands of America, a descent into madness
- 1 The way the police have treated Cliff Richard is completely unacceptable
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
- 4 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 5 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermeister and vodka
£45-50k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced ...
£30 - 35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Account Manager to join ...
£Excellent + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Social Advertising Manager / Social Med...
£30 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Front End Web Developer (PHP ...