Trending: All in all you're just another brick in the wall
Thanks to digital-savvy idle thumbs, the opportunity to transform your looks using a quick online feature is a regular one. There have been programmes that allow you to transform yourself into a Mad Men character, or a yellow-skinned Simpson or a pixellated digital blur. And, all the way back in 2001, Chris Doyle's website Reasonably Clever offered users the chance to make themselves as a Lego figure. Which is fun – we all need a Twitter avatar. But two French artists have flip-reversed the idea with Legolize.
Legolize is an art project in which Fabien Bouchard and photographer Mademoiselle Maurice, aka Marie Saudin, have taken a real head-sized Lego head, decorated it with the hats and accessories worn by their friends and asked them to pose with it for the most basic of Polaroid photos.
It might not help counteract the dominance of digital avatars, indeed the end result is... actually a bit creepy. But still very cool. And only a life-sized Lego head away from being available to everyone. ind.pn/legolize
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
17.5k + Commission (£18.5k after probation period): ESI Media: You will be res...
£25k - £30k (DOE): Guru Careers: Two expert PPC Account Managers are needed to...