Trending: It takes two to make a tweet go right
This is as geeky as it gets, but great. An automated Twitter account scans hundreds of feeds to make unwitting poets of random people talking random rubbish.
@Pentametron identifies tweets accidentally written in imabic pentameter, the 10-syllable, alternating-stress meter. It then pairs rhyming lines from people who don't know each other and retweets them in surreal couplets. Its purpose: "to find inadvertent poetry in the endless torrents of language that slosh around the internet". Some recent examples:
When all the shadows almost
kill the light,
Don't ask her on a straight tequila
Last desperate housewives ever
My twitter, my opinions. Have
I broke her heart in 30 seconds
This morning's workout was
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
lifeIt takes year-long dedication to get Selfridges ready for 25 December. And they're already working on plans for 2015...
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences, as judge labels him a 'dangerous sexual predator'
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company is a division of th...
Up to £22K (OTE year 1 - £40,000): Seltek Consultants Ltd: Seltek is a leading...
£285 per day: PCR Recruitment Limited: This is a unique opportunity for an Ent...
£150 - £250 per annum: PCR Recruitment Limited: West London based Broadcaster ...