Trending: It takes two to make a tweet go right
This is as geeky as it gets, but great. An automated Twitter account scans hundreds of feeds to make unwitting poets of random people talking random rubbish.
@Pentametron identifies tweets accidentally written in imabic pentameter, the 10-syllable, alternating-stress meter. It then pairs rhyming lines from people who don't know each other and retweets them in surreal couplets. Its purpose: "to find inadvertent poetry in the endless torrents of language that slosh around the internet". Some recent examples:
When all the shadows almost
kill the light,
Don't ask her on a straight tequila
Last desperate housewives ever
My twitter, my opinions. Have
I broke her heart in 30 seconds
This morning's workout was
Germanwings captain Patrick Sondenheimer tried to break into locked cockpit door 'with an axe' as plane was descending
Amanda Knox murder conviction: Italian court overturns verdict for US student and Raffaele Sollecito in the killing of Meredith Kercher
Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons
The battle for the Middle East's future begins in Yemen as Saudi Arabia jumps into the abyss
#FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 1 Finland schools: Subjects scrapped and replaced with 'topics' as country reforms its education system
- 2 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 3 #FreeTheNipple: Women in Iceland bare breasts in solidarity with trolled student
- 4 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
- 5 Zayn Malik quits One Direction: Hundreds of workers request compassionate leave following band member's exit
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Web Developer -...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits - see advert: Ashdown Group: .N...
£25 - 30K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an exceptional 3D Package Designer / 3...
£Competitive: Guru Careers: We are seeking a strong Middleweight / Senior Inte...