Trending: It takes two to make a tweet go right
This is as geeky as it gets, but great. An automated Twitter account scans hundreds of feeds to make unwitting poets of random people talking random rubbish.
@Pentametron identifies tweets accidentally written in imabic pentameter, the 10-syllable, alternating-stress meter. It then pairs rhyming lines from people who don't know each other and retweets them in surreal couplets. Its purpose: "to find inadvertent poetry in the endless torrents of language that slosh around the internet". Some recent examples:
When all the shadows almost
kill the light,
Don't ask her on a straight tequila
Last desperate housewives ever
My twitter, my opinions. Have
I broke her heart in 30 seconds
This morning's workout was
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Blogger captures footage ‘showing BUK missile launcher that shot down jet’ now back in Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 3 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
17.5k + Commission (£18.5k after probation period): ESI Media: You will be res...
£25k - £30k (DOE): Guru Careers: Two expert PPC Account Managers are needed to...