Trending: It takes two to make a tweet go right
This is as geeky as it gets, but great. An automated Twitter account scans hundreds of feeds to make unwitting poets of random people talking random rubbish.
@Pentametron identifies tweets accidentally written in imabic pentameter, the 10-syllable, alternating-stress meter. It then pairs rhyming lines from people who don't know each other and retweets them in surreal couplets. Its purpose: "to find inadvertent poetry in the endless torrents of language that slosh around the internet". Some recent examples:
When all the shadows almost
kill the light,
Don't ask her on a straight tequila
Last desperate housewives ever
My twitter, my opinions. Have
I broke her heart in 30 seconds
This morning's workout was
Wellcome Image Awards: The most striking images from the world of science, including breast cancer cells under chemical attack and a photographer’s own kidney stone
Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Terrorism explanation 'cannot be ruled out', says CIA
Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
Oscar Pistorius murder trial: Athlete repeatedly sick as court hears 'graphic details' of Reeva Steenkamp's post-mortem
How climate change helped Genghis Khan: Scientists believe a sudden period of warmer weather allowed the Mongols to invade with such success
- 1 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: One of the largest mobile advert...
£960 - £1550 per month: Inspiring Interns: Our client has been at the forefron...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a leading digital agency bu...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...