Trending: Stray dog becomes a rider's best friend after 1,700km run
Mover over Uggie, the world has a new favourite dog, Xiao Sa. The former stray female pup has become an unlikely internet star after apparently running across China alongside a bike race for an extraordinary 1,700km over 20 days.
The China Daily reports that she joined the race after one rider gave her food, and followed the team on the journey from Sichuan province to Tibet, including climbing 10 mountains over 4,000m high, and that she would climb on the back of one of the team's bikes during the quick descents. One of the riders, Zhang Heng, 22, set up the microblog "Go Go Xiao Sa," so that people could follow her progress. In just two weeks it drew nearly 40,000 followers.
Now that the race is over, Zhang says he wants to make an honest pet of the dog he calls "a buddy and a friend". "I would like to take the dog home and take care of her," he said. "She has been a stray on the road for a long time. She needs a home."
Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
Man who was struck and killed by lightning in Brecon Beacons 'was carrying a selfie stick'
Greece debt crisis as it happened: EU chiefs at loggerheads hours before Alexis Tsipras’s last ditch deal proposals
Bakery sends 'horrific' version of Frozen-themed birthday cake to unsuspecting customer
- 1 Florida man sentenced to two-and-a-half years for having sex on the beach in front of a child
- 2 Autistic teenager beaten up by bullies makes them watch 20-minute video about autism
- 3 Nick Kyrgios calls former Olympian Dawn Fraser a 'blatant racist' after she tells Wimbledon star to 'go back where their parents came from'
- 4 World learns of app that shows you who unfriended you on Facebook, app promptly crashes
- 5 Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
£23000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A full-service agency based in ...
£12500 - £15000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A subscriptions and marketing a...
£15000 - £22200 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An ambitious candidate is requi...
£14000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A sub-editor is required to joi...