Girls get their own tech mag
A great new magazine idea from Mind Candy – as the creators of the Moshi Monsters children's brand, already one of Britain's most successful tech companies.
Poppet is aimed at seven- to 10-year-old girls and uses a Moshi-style cartoon formula to educate young readers on the opportunities of a career in technology. Each issue of the monthly £2.99 publication will include a feature looking at different roles in the sector, such as developers, product managers and coders.
"We felt that there was a gap in the market when it came to educating young girls about the tech world," says the editor, Jessica King. "The tech industry has long been seen as a man's world and something that is 'not for girls' but we completely disagree with that notion."
Countering gender stereotyping in the careers market is highly welcome. It's a pity that Poppet's very pink look somewhat undermines its own attempt to do so.
Isis 'jihadi bride' claims forced sex with Yazidi girls is never rape because Koran condones it
Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
- 1 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 2 Woman accidentally shoots herself in the head while posing for a selfie
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...