Ian Burrell: After Adam Boulton, where have all the political editors gone?
What’s going on in the parliamentary lobby? Adam Boulton’s decision to stand down as political editor of Sky News after 25 years and five elections appears to mark the end of an era. Boulton will present an evening show on Sky News.
But his departure from the lobby is just the latest in a long line of resignations by political editors. Many are going into political PR – The Sunday Telegraph’s Patrick Hennessy joins a Labour Party team that already includes former lobby journalists Tom Baldwin (Times) and Bob Roberts (Daily Mirror). Graeme Wilson of The Sun joined No 10 as press secretary, while Isabel Oakeshott of The Sunday Times was hired by Lord Ashcroft to help write a biography of David Cameron. Patrick O’Flynn, chief political commentator of the Daily Express, is a European parliamentary candidate for Ukip.
Boulton’s new Westminster-based show will no doubt include politics – he could end up talking to a lot of his old lobby friends.
Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
YouTube video posted by Isis militants shows 'execution of 250 Syrian soldiers'
Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
Californian drought is so severe it's 'causing the ground to move'
Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 1 Students heading off to 'charity challenge' grounded at Gatwick after travel firm goes bust
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Like Jennifer Aniston, I am no less of a woman because I am childless
- < Previous
- Next >
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
£85000 - £100000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing - Slough, Berkshi...
£18 - 20k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An Administration Assistant / Office Assistan...