Ian BurrellL: Vice forges innovative partnership
As the old boundaries between journalism and PR continue to shift with the development of the internet, some news organisations are finding innovative ways to work with partner organisations and amplify the impact of stories.
The youth-orientated Vice has skilfully aligned itself with the gay-rights group Stonewall to ensure maximum exposure for its new film, Young and Gay in Putin’s Russia, which highlights a rise in homophobic attacks.
By bringing Stonewall on board soon after the footage was shot, Vice ensured that the film will get the constant support of the campaign group’s large social-media network in the run-up to the Winter Olympics.
Stonewall said it had “advised” on the narrative of the film but that Vice retained editorial control. It’s a tactic we are likely to see more of, rather than relying on the old model of simply publishing and waiting for the world to take notice.
Turkish President: 'Equality between men and women is against nature'
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Ferguson decision: Tea Party website mocks Michael Brown's family over T-shirt typo
Michael Brown shooting: Ten things we know – or know better – now the Ferguson grand jury's work is over
Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 4 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel your sales role is l...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£28 - 34k: Guru Careers: An ambitious PR Account Manager is needed to join a c...
£35 - 45k: Guru Careers: A Web Content Editor / Web Editor is needed to join a...