Clarkson's ex: injunction was 'terrifying'
Jeremy Clarkson's ex-wife yesterday described to MPs the "terrifying" moment when she discovered the Top Gear presenter had taken out an injunction to stop her writing about their relationship.
Giving evidence to the Joint Committee on Privacy and Injunctions, Alex Hall said she had planned to write a book about the effects of having a relationship with a celebrity and told Clarkson what she was going to do. The couple allegedly continued a 10-year-long affair after they divorced and he remarried.
She said: "About a week later there was an injunction on me. I had no idea about what to do with this injunction, it was just terrifying. I started to shake and I haven't stopped since." Mr Clarkson later withdrew the injunction which he described as "pointless".
President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
UK weather: Warning for more snow and ice as freezing temperatures and gales hit Britain
New York police shooting: thousands turn out for the funeral of Rafael Ramos
- 1 The political parties aren't all the same – which means 2015 will be a 'big-choice' election
- 2 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 3 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 Naomi Wolf reacts to Isis 'conspiracy theories' critism after she questions whether beheading videos are real
£40000 - £45000 per annum + car allowance: Ashdown Group: Senior Brand Manager...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a .NET Developer /.NET Software ...
£18 - 24k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Marketing Analyst / Online Marketing...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Technical Ope...