Final outing for thelondonpaper
The evening freesheet thelondonpaper will appear on the capital's streets for the last time tomorrow.
Publisher News International (NI) announced last month that it was to close after it recorded pre-tax losses of £12.9 million in the year to June 29 2008 on a turnover of £14.1 million.
Thelondonpaper launched in September 2006 and had a circulation of 500,348 in July, but James Murdoch, chairman and chief executive Europe and Asia for News Corporation - NI's parent company - said the paper's performance had fallen short of expectations.
Mr Murdoch said NI wanted to concentrate on its main publications - The Sun, The Times, the News Of The World and The Sunday Times.
NI began thelondonpaper initially as a rival to the paid-for Evening Standard, but Associated Newspapers, the then-publishers of the Standard, responded by launching their own freesheet, the London Lite.
In the three years since, the sight of distributors handing out the two papers outside Underground and railway stations has become a familiar one to commuters in the capital.
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – as hunt begins for killer
Islamic State: British fighters make up a quarter of foreign jihadists
James Foley beheading: Police 'could have narrowed hunt for killer to very small group of people'
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 4 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum + 25 days holiday and bonus: Clearwater People Solut...
Highly Competitive Salary + Commission: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL BASED - DEALING ...
£45-50k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced ...
£30 - 35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Account Manager to join ...