i newspaper is only title to increase annual circulation
Combined sale of The Independent and i sees rise of 1 per cent on last year
Friday 08 March 2013
The i newspaper was the only title in the national press to record an increase in its annual circulation in official industry figures released today.
The paper had a sale of 298,206 during February 2013, representing a 12.8 per cent increase on the same period last year and a 1.4 per cent rise over the previous month. The combined sale of sister papers The Independent and i is 373,331 a rise of 1 per cent on last year.
In total, the quality newspaper market continues to fall, down 3.9 per cent on February 2012. The Guardian sold 193,586 last month (down 10.4 per cent on last year), The Times sold 393,814 (down 0.9 per cent) and the Daily Telegraph sold 541,036 (down 6.5 per cent).
The i is Britain’s youngest national newspaper, launched in October 2010, and is based on the concept of offering a comprehensive digest of news at a competitive price of 20p.
Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
Jennifer Lawrence leaked 4Chan sex video branded 'fake' by forum users
Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 3 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 5 Scotland could still declare independence – even without referendum, says Alex Salmond
£25 - 30k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are looking for an Accoun...
£25k Basic (DOE) – (£30k year 1 OTE) : Guru Careers: We are seeking a bright A...
£15-20k (DOE) + Benefits / Bonus: Guru Careers: We are seeking a bright R...
£25 - 40k (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Web Desig...