i newspaper is only title to increase annual circulation
Combined sale of The Independent and i sees rise of 1 per cent on last year
Friday 08 March 2013
The i newspaper was the only title in the national press to record an increase in its annual circulation in official industry figures released today.
The paper had a sale of 298,206 during February 2013, representing a 12.8 per cent increase on the same period last year and a 1.4 per cent rise over the previous month. The combined sale of sister papers The Independent and i is 373,331 a rise of 1 per cent on last year.
In total, the quality newspaper market continues to fall, down 3.9 per cent on February 2012. The Guardian sold 193,586 last month (down 10.4 per cent on last year), The Times sold 393,814 (down 0.9 per cent) and the Daily Telegraph sold 541,036 (down 6.5 per cent).
The i is Britain’s youngest national newspaper, launched in October 2010, and is based on the concept of offering a comprehensive digest of news at a competitive price of 20p.
- 1 Top Gear team of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May officially heading to Amazon Prime for new car show
- 2 Stuart Baggs: Apprentice star 'The Brand' found dead aged 27
- 3 How to cancel Amazon Prime: after Top Gear hiring, how to leave premium service
- 4 Tesco scraps 'unexpected item in the bagging area' as self-checkouts switch to less 'frustrating' audio
- 5 Living in Spain and commuting to London 'cheaper than actually working in London'
£18 - 25k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Graduate Print Producer / Account Execut...
£18000 - £19000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Graduate Digital Marketin...
£45 - £55k DOE: Guru Careers: A Financial Controller is required to join a suc...
COMPETITIVE: Guru Careers: A Product Manager / Product Owner is required to jo...