i newspaper is only title to increase annual circulation
Combined sale of The Independent and i sees rise of 1 per cent on last year
Friday 08 March 2013
The i newspaper was the only title in the national press to record an increase in its annual circulation in official industry figures released today.
The paper had a sale of 298,206 during February 2013, representing a 12.8 per cent increase on the same period last year and a 1.4 per cent rise over the previous month. The combined sale of sister papers The Independent and i is 373,331 a rise of 1 per cent on last year.
In total, the quality newspaper market continues to fall, down 3.9 per cent on February 2012. The Guardian sold 193,586 last month (down 10.4 per cent on last year), The Times sold 393,814 (down 0.9 per cent) and the Daily Telegraph sold 541,036 (down 6.5 per cent).
The i is Britain’s youngest national newspaper, launched in October 2010, and is based on the concept of offering a comprehensive digest of news at a competitive price of 20p.
Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
British man raped while urinating in bushes at Oktoberfest beer festival in Germany
- 1 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 2 Expert urges cat lovers to own just one animal each
- 3 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: This is a busy and varied role w...
£60-70k fixed, double OTE uncapped: Sphere Digital Recruitment: The Senior Bus...
30,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: My client is a global name within the ente...