i newspaper is only title to increase annual circulation
Combined sale of The Independent and i sees rise of 1 per cent on last year
Friday 08 March 2013
The i newspaper was the only title in the national press to record an increase in its annual circulation in official industry figures released today.
The paper had a sale of 298,206 during February 2013, representing a 12.8 per cent increase on the same period last year and a 1.4 per cent rise over the previous month. The combined sale of sister papers The Independent and i is 373,331 a rise of 1 per cent on last year.
In total, the quality newspaper market continues to fall, down 3.9 per cent on February 2012. The Guardian sold 193,586 last month (down 10.4 per cent on last year), The Times sold 393,814 (down 0.9 per cent) and the Daily Telegraph sold 541,036 (down 6.5 per cent).
The i is Britain’s youngest national newspaper, launched in October 2010, and is based on the concept of offering a comprehensive digest of news at a competitive price of 20p.
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
£30000 - £35000 per annum + 20 days holidays & pension: Ashdown Group: Marketi...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: Working for a independently owne...
£17 - £20 per hour: Sauce Recruitment: Working for a independently owned and c...
£Negotiable (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Mac Operator / Artworker to ...