i newspaper is only title to increase annual circulation
Combined sale of The Independent and i sees rise of 1 per cent on last year
Friday 08 March 2013
The i newspaper was the only title in the national press to record an increase in its annual circulation in official industry figures released today.
The paper had a sale of 298,206 during February 2013, representing a 12.8 per cent increase on the same period last year and a 1.4 per cent rise over the previous month. The combined sale of sister papers The Independent and i is 373,331 a rise of 1 per cent on last year.
In total, the quality newspaper market continues to fall, down 3.9 per cent on February 2012. The Guardian sold 193,586 last month (down 10.4 per cent on last year), The Times sold 393,814 (down 0.9 per cent) and the Daily Telegraph sold 541,036 (down 6.5 per cent).
The i is Britain’s youngest national newspaper, launched in October 2010, and is based on the concept of offering a comprehensive digest of news at a competitive price of 20p.
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
£85000 - £100000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing - Slough, Berkshi...
£18 - 20k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An Administration Assistant / Office Assistan...