i remains Britain’s fastest-growing national newspaper
Friday 09 March 2012
The i newspaper has retained its position as Britain’s fastest-growing national title, following the release of latest sales statistics from the press industry’s Audit Bureau of Circulations.
Figures for the month of February show that the i newspaper achieved a paid-for circulation of 207,147, an increase of 23% compared to the previous year and a 6% rise on the January sale. The growth means that total sales of The Independent ’s journalism in February stood at 277,983, the combined paid-for circulation of the i and The Independent newspapers, an increase of 10% on the 2011 figure.
The i newspaper was launched in October 2010 at a price of 20p and has revolutionised the quality newspaper sector, where circulations have been in steady decline.
Weather bomb in pictures: Storms cuts power for tens of thousands – and snow is on the way
Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
Russell Brand was rendered speechless on Question Time by this man
Fury at Airbus after it hints the super-jumbo may be mothballed
- 1 Nigel Farage: Me vs Russell Brand on Question Time – he's got the chest hair but where are his ideas?
- 2 Harry Potter fans can apply to the Hogwarts-inspired College of Wizardry
- 3 Jessica Chambers: 19-year-old woman 'doused with lighter fluid and burned alive' in the US
- 4 Russell Brand calls Nigel Farage 'poundshop Enoch Powell' in BBC Question Time debate
- 5 Orange Wednesdays are no more
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...
£50000 per annum + 26 days, pension, private medical : Ashdown Group: A highly...
£25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Service Desk Analyst - Chessington, Surrey...
£35000 - £40000 per annum: Charter Selection: This renowned and well establish...