i shows continued growth in May newspaper sales figures
The i newspaper is confounding trends in newspaper sales by showing continued growth by posting a circulation of 274,539 in May, a remarkable increase of more than 64 per cent on the same period last year.
Sales of i at the newsstand (discounting bulk distribution copies) were 210,624 – a rise of more than 32 per cent on May last year. The growth meant that combined newsstand sales of Independent Print titles, including The Independent, were up to 278,406 in May, a year-on-year rise of 17.6 per cent. The overall circulation of the two newspapers is 368,522 (up 7.8 per cent on last year), compared to The Times circulation of 395,752 (down 11.4 per cent year-on-year) and The Guardian at 214,703 (down 18.3 per cent year-on-year).
Sales of the i are in contrast to the difficult conditions in the quality newspaper market where combined circulation across all titles is down by 7.9 per cent on the same time last year.
Fracking is turning the US into a bigger oil producer than Saudi Arabia
Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: Details emerge of two young Iranians using stolen passports in search for a better life
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
Oscar Pistorius trial: Athlete's friend asked him if 'he was f***ing mad' after shooting through sunroof
- 1 Watch: The student election Macklemore parody that isn't completely awful - and all the others that are
- 2 Three-quarters of Britons are saying it wrong - the top ten most common mispronunciations
- 3 Son attacks Apple after it refuses to unlock his late mother’s iPad
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 First Kiss video: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: One of the largest mobile advert...
£960 - £1550 per month: Inspiring Interns: Our client has been at the forefron...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a leading digital agency bu...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Corporate Traveller: We're looking for t...