i shows continued growth in May newspaper sales figures
The i newspaper is confounding trends in newspaper sales by showing continued growth by posting a circulation of 274,539 in May, a remarkable increase of more than 64 per cent on the same period last year.
Sales of i at the newsstand (discounting bulk distribution copies) were 210,624 – a rise of more than 32 per cent on May last year. The growth meant that combined newsstand sales of Independent Print titles, including The Independent, were up to 278,406 in May, a year-on-year rise of 17.6 per cent. The overall circulation of the two newspapers is 368,522 (up 7.8 per cent on last year), compared to The Times circulation of 395,752 (down 11.4 per cent year-on-year) and The Guardian at 214,703 (down 18.3 per cent year-on-year).
Sales of the i are in contrast to the difficult conditions in the quality newspaper market where combined circulation across all titles is down by 7.9 per cent on the same time last year.
Russell Brand opposes anti-Semitism after death threats: 'We must disavow all forms of prejudice that lead to exclusion and execution'
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – as hunt begins for killer
ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
Microbial life found living on the exterior of the International Space Station, say reports
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 3 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 4 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 5 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum + 25 days holiday and bonus: Clearwater People Solut...
Highly Competitive Salary + Commission: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL BASED - DEALING ...