i shows continued growth in May newspaper sales figures
The i newspaper is confounding trends in newspaper sales by showing continued growth by posting a circulation of 274,539 in May, a remarkable increase of more than 64 per cent on the same period last year.
Sales of i at the newsstand (discounting bulk distribution copies) were 210,624 – a rise of more than 32 per cent on May last year. The growth meant that combined newsstand sales of Independent Print titles, including The Independent, were up to 278,406 in May, a year-on-year rise of 17.6 per cent. The overall circulation of the two newspapers is 368,522 (up 7.8 per cent on last year), compared to The Times circulation of 395,752 (down 11.4 per cent year-on-year) and The Guardian at 214,703 (down 18.3 per cent year-on-year).
Sales of the i are in contrast to the difficult conditions in the quality newspaper market where combined circulation across all titles is down by 7.9 per cent on the same time last year.
- 1 Enrique Iglesias injured trying to catch a drone mid concert
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner, formerly Bruce Jenner, reveals new look on Annie Leibovitz shot Vanity Fair cover
- 3 Arsenal players boo chief-executive Ivan Gazidis after being told they would not get bonus for FA Cup triumph
- 4 Man on naked bike ride gets ejected after becoming aroused
- 5 UK weather: Temperatures set to soar making parts of Britain hotter than parts of the Mediterranean
£32 - £37K + extensive benefits: Guru Careers: Research Analyst / Business Ins...
£18 - 20k: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Junior Designer / Design Graduate to...
£30 - 40k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Project Manager is needed to join a leading s...
£20 - 25k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Creative Artworker is needed to join a highly...