'Independent' chef wins award
Saturday 11 June 2011
Mark Hix has won the Cookery Journalist of the Year award for his food writing in The Independent at the Guild of Food Writers' Awards.
The chef, who owns three restaurants in London and one in Lyme Regis, has contibuted recipes to The Independent Magazine for eight years. "We're in the hands of an expert; his writing is joyful, and humble but aspirational," said the judges at the at the ceremony at Fishmongers' Hall in London. Hix, who specialises in regional and seasonal cooking, was also shortlisted for the Michael Smith Award for Work on British Food, won by Sybil Kapoor.
Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
Israel-Gaza conflict: President Obama presses Netanyahu to call ‘immediate and unconditional’ Gaza ceasefire
Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
Zayn Malik on Israel-Gaza: One Direction singer bombarded with Twitter death threats after posting #FreePalestine
MH17 crash: Black boxes show plane suffered 'massive explosive decompression' following shrapnel hit
- 1 Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
- 2 The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
- 4 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star, dies aged 45
- 5 Businessman charged £75 for three small bottles of water in London hotel
£26000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful international media organ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: This is an e...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: Combining a passion for Softwa...
£Neg. (DOE) + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: Lead Software Developer / Seni...