'Independent' chef wins award
Saturday 11 June 2011
Mark Hix has won the Cookery Journalist of the Year award for his food writing in The Independent at the Guild of Food Writers' Awards.
The chef, who owns three restaurants in London and one in Lyme Regis, has contibuted recipes to The Independent Magazine for eight years. "We're in the hands of an expert; his writing is joyful, and humble but aspirational," said the judges at the at the ceremony at Fishmongers' Hall in London. Hix, who specialises in regional and seasonal cooking, was also shortlisted for the Michael Smith Award for Work on British Food, won by Sybil Kapoor.
Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
Mohammed Emwazi: Nine things we know about Isis militant 'Jihadi John'
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
'Jihadi John': Mohammed Emwazi – from British computer programmer to Isis executioner
- 1 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 2 Scarlett Johansson new band 'already hit with legal complaint' from another The Singles
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + up to £45,000: Sauce Recruitment: The Internation...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A thriving online media busines...
£110,000 - £120,000: Lee Shepherd: One of this decades most exciting companies...