Independent journalism bucks the trend in print sales
Paid-for sales of The Independent's journalism have reached their highest point in 16 years, according to latest figures compiled by the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC).
The combined paid-for sales of the The Independent print edition and its sister title i grew to 269,255 in January, the biggest circulation of The Independent's content since March 1996, ten years after the newspaper was founded.
Sales of the i newspaper have risen sharply, with paid for circulation climbing to 196,176 in January, representing a 15 per cent increase on the previous month and 56 per cent growth year-on-year. The figures buck industry trends at a time when the sales of most newspaper titles are in decline.
The total circulation of i has reached 243,321 as the publisher of the two papers, Independent Print Limited, pursues a change in its bulk distribution policy to provide copies of the i, instead of The Independent, to airlines and other outlets.
Isis could become 'world’s first truly terrorist state' and bomb UK with nuclear and chemical weapons, Theresa May warns
Car tax disc changes: Five facts you never knew about your (almost obsolete) tax disc
Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 1 Sainsbury's '50p challenge' poster telling staff to encourage customers to spend more placed in shop window instead of staff room
- 2 Five-year-old Iris Grace is raising awareness of autism through her extraordinary paintings
- 3 Isis an hour away from Baghdad - with no sign of Iraq army being able to make a successful counter-attack
- 4 Yes, the iPhone 6 is a miracle, but it's Apple's tax affairs that deserve a double take
- 5 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- < Previous
- Next >
£90000 - £135000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing (B2C, Acquisition...
£60000 - £75000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: This is a busy and varied role w...
£60-70k fixed, double OTE uncapped: Sphere Digital Recruitment: The Senior Bus...
30,000: Sphere Digital Recruitment: My client is a global name within the ente...