Independent journalism bucks the trend in print sales
Paid-for sales of The Independent's journalism have reached their highest point in 16 years, according to latest figures compiled by the Audit Bureau of Circulations (ABC).
The combined paid-for sales of the The Independent print edition and its sister title i grew to 269,255 in January, the biggest circulation of The Independent's content since March 1996, ten years after the newspaper was founded.
Sales of the i newspaper have risen sharply, with paid for circulation climbing to 196,176 in January, representing a 15 per cent increase on the previous month and 56 per cent growth year-on-year. The figures buck industry trends at a time when the sales of most newspaper titles are in decline.
The total circulation of i has reached 243,321 as the publisher of the two papers, Independent Print Limited, pursues a change in its bulk distribution policy to provide copies of the i, instead of The Independent, to airlines and other outlets.
Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
Edgar Froese dead: Tangerine Dream founder dies aged 70
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Syrian refugee child beaten by Istanbul Burger King manager for eating customer’s leftover food
Iraq invasion 2003: The bloody warnings six wise men gave to Tony Blair as he prepared to launch poorly planned campaign
- 1 Rowan Atkinson to sell £10 million McLaren 'supercar' he crashed into a tree and a lamppost
- 2 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 3 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
£25000 - £28000 per annum + circa 28K + 20% bonus opportunity: Sauce Recruitme...
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: Are you an ambitious, money mot...
Competitive (DOE): Guru Careers: A freelance Investment Writer / Stock Picker ...
£20 - 24K + Benefits: Guru Careers: An enthusiastic PPC Account / Paid Search ...