Kate Beckinsale accepts libel payout
Friday 10 July 2009
The actress Kate Beckinsale accepted £20,000 libel damages from Express Newspapers yesterday over a claim that she had been passed over for her dream role as Barbarella.
Her solicitor, Graham Atkins, told Mr Justice Eady at the High Court in London that the story in the Daily Express last month was entirely false and had caused considerable embarrassment and harm. He added that Beckinsale, 35, was never in discussions about the film role.
It followed that she had not been passed over in favour of Rose McGowan, as the story claimed. The newspaper has apologised.
- 1 Cyclist in Russia narrowly misses being hit by car and lorry
- 2 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 3 What are your fingerprint words?
- 4 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
- 5 Pink Floyd new album: Band unveil cover art for first record in 20 years
£16500 - £20000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
£40000 - £46000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: Global publishing and digital bu...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful, Central London bas...