Kate Beckinsale accepts libel payout
Friday 10 July 2009
The actress Kate Beckinsale accepted £20,000 libel damages from Express Newspapers yesterday over a claim that she had been passed over for her dream role as Barbarella.
Her solicitor, Graham Atkins, told Mr Justice Eady at the High Court in London that the story in the Daily Express last month was entirely false and had caused considerable embarrassment and harm. He added that Beckinsale, 35, was never in discussions about the film role.
It followed that she had not been passed over in favour of Rose McGowan, as the story claimed. The newspaper has apologised.
Actress isn't a fan of Ed Miliband
Do you qualify – and how do you get it?
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
'Underwater Pompeii' found off the coast of Greek island Delos
Madeleine McCann latest: Kate and Gerry McCann 'welcome' search in lake near Praia da Luz
- 1 Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
£18000 - £25000 per annum + £35k ote: h2 Recruit Ltd: Looking for your first s...
£19000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This publishing house has been ...
£20000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Award winning Peterborough base...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + progression, upskilling: Langley James : PHP Devel...