Kim Jong Un 'Sexiest Man' story fools Chinese newspaper
Tuesday 27 November 2012
The online version of China's Communist Party newspaper has fallen for a spoof report on US satirical website, The Onion, which named North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un the "Sexiest Man Alive".
Following the hoax, the People's Daily ran a 55-page photo spread on its website yesterday in a tribute to the leader under the headline "North Korea's top leader named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012".
It quoted The Onion's article, which read: "With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman's dream come true. Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side.
"Kim made this newspaper's editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and that famous smile."
Among the photos the People's Daily used was Kim on horseback squinting into the light and Kim waving towards a military parade.
The People's Daily could not be reached for comment yesterday.
General Election 2015: David Cameron catching up in polls – but he badly needs a clear lead
South Africa xenophobic attacks: Shops looted and violence on streets of Johannesburg as foreigners are forced to hide in police stations
Earthworms rain down from skies over Norway, puzzling scientists
18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
£15000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This publishing company based i...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£25 - 30k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Report Writer / Reporting Analyst is nee...
£24-30K + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: A German speaking Account Manager ...