Kim Jong Un 'Sexiest Man' story fools Chinese newspaper
Tuesday 27 November 2012
The online version of China's Communist Party newspaper has fallen for a spoof report on US satirical website, The Onion, which named North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un the "Sexiest Man Alive".
Following the hoax, the People's Daily ran a 55-page photo spread on its website yesterday in a tribute to the leader under the headline "North Korea's top leader named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012".
It quoted The Onion's article, which read: "With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman's dream come true. Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side.
"Kim made this newspaper's editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and that famous smile."
Among the photos the People's Daily used was Kim on horseback squinting into the light and Kim waving towards a military parade.
The People's Daily could not be reached for comment yesterday.
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: A Senior Account Manager / SAM is needed to join the ...
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Digital Marketing Manager...