Lebedev says 'No comment' to report on Independent
Thursday 11 June 2009
The Russian tycoon Alexander Lebedev declined to comment today about a report in the Wall Street Journal that he is in talks to buy The Independent from publisher Independent News & Media.
The Journal cited a person familiar with the situation as saying that the talks were underway but that nothing was yet decided.
"I cannot comment right now," Lebedev told Reuters by telephone when asked about the report. "I am having a drink of whisky with an old friend so I am not able to comment."
A spokeswoman was not immediately available for comment.
East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
Saudi Arabia says it won't rule out building nuclear weapons
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Is this bridge haunted by the ghost of nu rave?
- 3 Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
- 4 The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
- 5 Scientists have discovered a simple way to cook rice that dramatically cuts the calories
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Web Developer -...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits - see advert: Ashdown Group: .N...
£25 - 30K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an exceptional 3D Package Designer / 3...
£Competitive: Guru Careers: We are seeking a strong Middleweight / Senior Inte...