Lebedev says 'No comment' to report on Independent
Thursday 11 June 2009
The Russian tycoon Alexander Lebedev declined to comment today about a report in the Wall Street Journal that he is in talks to buy The Independent from publisher Independent News & Media.
The Journal cited a person familiar with the situation as saying that the talks were underway but that nothing was yet decided.
"I cannot comment right now," Lebedev told Reuters by telephone when asked about the report. "I am having a drink of whisky with an old friend so I am not able to comment."
A spokeswoman was not immediately available for comment.
Scottish independence: Scots of Corby take matters into their own hands in mock referendum - and deliver overwhelming verdict
Protesters fight to save Arturo, the polar bear sweltering in baking hot zoo
Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
Supermoon 2014 in pictures: Moon appeared bigger and brighter at the weekend
Saharan remains may be evidence of first race war, 13,000 years ago
- 1 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 3 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
- 4 Iraq crisis: How Saudi Arabia helped Isis take over the north of the country
- 5 Barack Obama fist bumps Texas restaurant employee in support of gay rights
- < Previous
- Next >
Not Specified: Recruitment Genius: An exciting and rewarding role exists for a...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading publisher in...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency is currently ...
£40000 - £45000 per annum + competitive: Progressive Recruitment: This is an e...