Media Diary: Adam v Ali (Round two)
Monday 17 January 2011
Boulton & Co
Sky's Adam Boulton's daily show starts today, but the excitement surrounds Thursday's edition with rival Ali Campbell. Adam came close to self-combustion during their election clash and Campbell's new volume of diaries will include references to Blair aide Anji Hunter (Mrs Boulton).
The Murdochs defy convention
"All the top names in the UK media" is the billing for Wednesday's Oxford Media Convention. Not if you believe Rupert Murdoch's News Corp is the dominant force in the sector. There's no Rupert and no James, no Rebekah Brooks and no Jeremy Darroch. But there are plenty of Murdoch rivals, from Trinity Mirror's Sly Bailey to the BBC's Mark Thompson.
What happens in Vegas...
Piers Morgan on CNN
Ahead of his much-hyped CNN show (which starts tonight), Piers Morgan travelled to Las Vegas for a promotional event intended to highlight his unique charm. The new Larry King was introduced to the audience with the words, "Piers, you are known as a man of integrity..." Let's hope Morgan's own show does more detailed research.
Scottish independence: Despite defeat history may still point to Alex Salmond as the victor
Scottish independence referendum: Frankie Boyle reacts to nation's 'No' vote - 'To be fair, I've always hated Scotland'
Iranian blogger found guilty of insulting Prophet Mohammad on Facebook sentenced to death
Scottish referendum: Police struggle to control Unionist rally in Glasgow's George Square
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£60000 - £85000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Interim Head of Marketing / Marketin...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
£25 - 30k: Guru Careers: A Digital Project Manager is needed to join an exciti...
£24 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Paid Search Analyst / PPC...