Media Lunch: David Rowan, editor of ‘Wired’ magazine
Thursday 26 August 2010
The venue: Côte. It was recommended by our managing editor and was convenient.
The company: Armando Iannucci.
The conversation: I was trying to charm him into helping us secure Peter Capaldi and Chris Addison for the cover of Wired.
On the menu: We never actually got lunch: the restaurant couldn't cope with a sudden influx of demand, so after waiting an hour we left. Armando did get a calamari starter and I got soup, but there was a Beckettian pause in service after that. The manager apologised and dispensed with the bill.
Come here often? We're producing an information-intense, design-led magazine, which doesn't leave much time for lunches. Breakfast, though, is scientifically proven to be efficient – so some days I schedule two.
Côte, 124-126 Wardour Street, London W1
Regular cast member Ste Hay, played by Kieron Richardson, is about to test TV boundaries
Jeff Fletcher dead: Britpop guitarist is decapitated by lorry in horrific traffic accident
These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
Jimmy Ruffin dead: Motown legend, who wrote 'What Becomes of the Brokenhearted', dies aged 78
New York snowstorm: Five dead and state of emergency declared as 'wall of snow' buries Buffalo
Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 1 Lee Evans announces retirement from comedy on The Jonathan Ross Show
- 2 Pirelli calendar 2015: The problem with 'plus-size' models like Candice Huffine
- 3 These grandmas smoking weed for the first time are wonderful
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Angelina Jolie confuses everyone with 'ay up me duck' East Midland's greeting to Derby actor Jack O'Connell at awards show
£20000 - £25000 per annum + Uncappd Comm: SThree: Do you have recruitment expe...
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: An award-winning global mul...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A new and exciting opportunity ...
£35 - 45k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Manager to join a gl...