Media Lunch: David Rowan, editor of ‘Wired’ magazine
Thursday 26 August 2010
The venue: Côte. It was recommended by our managing editor and was convenient.
The company: Armando Iannucci.
The conversation: I was trying to charm him into helping us secure Peter Capaldi and Chris Addison for the cover of Wired.
On the menu: We never actually got lunch: the restaurant couldn't cope with a sudden influx of demand, so after waiting an hour we left. Armando did get a calamari starter and I got soup, but there was a Beckettian pause in service after that. The manager apologised and dispensed with the bill.
Come here often? We're producing an information-intense, design-led magazine, which doesn't leave much time for lunches. Breakfast, though, is scientifically proven to be efficient – so some days I schedule two.
Côte, 124-126 Wardour Street, London W1
Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
Jennifer Lawrence: Leaked 4Chan sex video branded 'fake' by users
Jennifer Lawrence 'naked sex video' will be leaked next, threatens 4Chan celebrity photo hacker
- 1 Rihanna 'nude pictures' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': KTVA reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 What are your fingerprint words?
- 5 Gary Lineker involved in Twitter row after presenter rubbishes claims he will be warned by BBC over foul-mouthed tweets
£16500 - £20000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: We are currently r...
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
£40000 - £46000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: Global publishing and digital bu...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A successful, Central London bas...