Mosley wins in French court over 2008 NOTW sex story
Max Mosley won a partial victory in his fight against tabloid newspapers when a French court awarded him a further €7,000 (£6,000) on top of the record damages of £60,000 he had already won in a UK court over a News of the World story that violated his privacy.
A Paris judge ordered Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, publishers of the now-defunct Sunday tabloid, to pay a total of €32,000 over a 2008 article concerning Mosley's participation in a sadomasochistic orgy. The former head of motor-racing's governing body, the FIA, had asked the court for €100,000 from both the publisher and the paper's former chief reporter, Neville Thurlbeck.
The judge fined News Group €10,000 and ordered it to pay €15,000 in costs. Mr Mosley had successfully sued the paper for breach of privacy in 2008 but brought a fresh action over an estimated 3,000 copies of the News of the World that were distributed in France.
Are beards attractive? Ryan Gosling says yes, but science says no. Take the A-list facial hair challenge and find out who's right
South Korea ferry: Four dead and almost 300 missing as mass rescue gets underway
Oscar Pistorius trial: Reeva Steenkamp told athlete she 'loved him' for first time in Valentine's Day card
Oscar Pistorius trial: Reeva Steenkamp standing with 'hand on the door handle' when she was shot dead
Lunar eclipse 2014: Images of the spectacular 'blood moon'
- 1 Poveglia: 'World's most haunted island' up for auction...is anyone brave enough to buy it?
- 2 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 3 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Scientists warn we've hit 'peak beard': The more people grow facial hair, the less attractive it is
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: There are many small development projects in ...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...