News International said today it would offer new positions to the "vast majority" of staff who lost their jobs because of the closure of the News of the World.
The company, which also publishes The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times, said it had already found 30 editorial jobs across its titles, including existing vacancies.
News International has already confirmed that the News of the World's glossy magazine Fabulous, which is produced by 30 journalists, will be preserved.
The company said in a statement: "News International (NI) can today announce that it will offer employment opportunities to the vast majority of staff who lost their jobs as a result of the closure of the News of the World.
"Starting next week, NI human resource managers will meet with each of the affected News of the World staff with a view to placing them in jobs."
It added: "NI remains committed to investing in journalism and is proud of the fact that we are one of the biggest employers of highly skilled journalists in the world."