Paper 'sloppy' over Peaches Geldof article
Thursday 12 March 2009
The press watchdog said today the Daily Star newspaper was guilty of "sloppy journalism" over an article which claimed Peaches Geldof received money for "showing up to parties".
The paper ran a front page story last September under the headline "Peaches: Spend the night with me for 5k", saying that Geldof was paid for her "company" and for "services".
Lawyers for the daughter of Bob Geldof and Paula Yates claimed the inaccurate article would mislead readers into believing the 19-year-old was offering sexual favours in return for money and demanded an apology.
The Press Complaints Commission said the Star's story had "fallen well short of the high standards" of the newspapers' code of practice. "This was all sloppy journalism," it added.
The Star did print an apology last month, although not on the front page as lawyers for the teenager had demanded.
Kensington flat branded ‘uninhabitable’ by estate agent on sale for a bargain £600,000
Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
Teenager dies after suspected ice bucket challenge goes horribly wrong
- 1 Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
- 2 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- 5 Do you realise just how foolish the UK looks?
- < Previous
- Next >
£30-35k + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Management Accoun...
£40 - 60k + Amazing Benefits: Guru Careers: A UI Designer / UX Designer is nee...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: An SEO Manager / SEO Expert is needed to join an inno...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...