Police investigate internal 'pleb' row leak to The Sun
Scotland Yard is investigating how The Sun came to see police statements detailing officers' accounts of their confrontation with Andrew Mitchell.
Yesterday the paper published details of the contemporaneous notes taken by the police officers. The constable said Mr Mitchell told him: "Best you learn your fucking place. You don't run this fucking government. You're fucking plebs."
A Metropolitan spokeswoman said: "We are aware of this. The Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed. Inquiries into the circumstances are being carried out." A spokesman for The Sun said it appeared to be a case of trying to shoot the messenger.
Bill Clinton portrait features Monica Lewinsky reference, artist admits
Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
China's 'Inconvenient Truth': video exposing country’s smog crisis watched 100 million times
Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
The 'sex selfie stick' lets you FaceTime the inside of a vagina
- 1 Bill Clinton portrait features Monica Lewinsky reference, artist admits
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 5 Average penis size revealed: Scientists attempt to find what is 'normal' to reassure concerned men
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 per annum + pension,bonus,career progression: Ashdown Group: An establi...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...