Police investigate internal 'pleb' row leak to The Sun
Scotland Yard is investigating how The Sun came to see police statements detailing officers' accounts of their confrontation with Andrew Mitchell.
Yesterday the paper published details of the contemporaneous notes taken by the police officers. The constable said Mr Mitchell told him: "Best you learn your fucking place. You don't run this fucking government. You're fucking plebs."
A Metropolitan spokeswoman said: "We are aware of this. The Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed. Inquiries into the circumstances are being carried out." A spokesman for The Sun said it appeared to be a case of trying to shoot the messenger.
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
- < Previous
- Next >
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: My client who are a leading organisation...
Competitive (DOE): Guru Careers: We are looking for an Assistant Management Ac...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A data analytics are currently looking t...
competitive: Progressive Recruitment: A leading marketing agency have won a fe...