Police investigate internal 'pleb' row leak to The Sun
Scotland Yard is investigating how The Sun came to see police statements detailing officers' accounts of their confrontation with Andrew Mitchell.
Yesterday the paper published details of the contemporaneous notes taken by the police officers. The constable said Mr Mitchell told him: "Best you learn your fucking place. You don't run this fucking government. You're fucking plebs."
A Metropolitan spokeswoman said: "We are aware of this. The Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed. Inquiries into the circumstances are being carried out." A spokesman for The Sun said it appeared to be a case of trying to shoot the messenger.
Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
Ancient 2,400-year-old gold bongs discovered in Russia
Porn stars in California may be forced to wear goggles under new legislation
Tampon tax scrapped in Canada after petition convinces conservative government
Migrants in Kos: Photos show real tragedy after Brits abroad complain of 'awkward' holidays
- 1 Engineer pictured fixing plane's engine with 'duct tape' by concerned EasyJet passenger
- 2 Two-year-old says goodbye to bin man best friend
- 3 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 Remove smartphones from the hands of under-18s and maybe they will grow up to be less dumb
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Rapid growth has seen a number ...
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
£16000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: High quality, dedicated Delegat...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...