Police investigate internal 'pleb' row leak to The Sun
Scotland Yard is investigating how The Sun came to see police statements detailing officers' accounts of their confrontation with Andrew Mitchell.
Yesterday the paper published details of the contemporaneous notes taken by the police officers. The constable said Mr Mitchell told him: "Best you learn your fucking place. You don't run this fucking government. You're fucking plebs."
A Metropolitan spokeswoman said: "We are aware of this. The Directorate of Professional Standards has been informed. Inquiries into the circumstances are being carried out." A spokesman for The Sun said it appeared to be a case of trying to shoot the messenger.
- 1 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 2 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 3 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
- 4 Queen's first tweet: Reply telling Her Majesty to 'f*** off' broadcast on BBC News
- 5 #AskNigelFarage: Twitter starts hilarious Q&A for Ukip leader
competitive benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Outstanding analytic expertise is req...
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Are you the king or Queen o...
£50k + commission: Savvy Media Ltd: Great opportunity to work for a team that ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel like your sales role...