Radical feminist magazine Spare Rib to be relaunched as bimonthly glossy and website
Radical feminist publication Spare Rib is to be relaunched as a glossy magazine and website as feminist alternative to “PR and celebrity-filled women’s” publications, according to reports.
Journalist Charlotte Raven said in an email that she and supporters have raised the £6,000 to launch the website and are now looking for a further £20,000 to get the bimonthly magazine on to the shelves by the autumn.
A launch party is planned, according to The Guardian, at which MP George Galloway and columnist Rod Liddle will serve cocktails.
The revitalised Spare Rib – the original started in 1972 and folded in 1993 – will, said Raven, “revive the spirited and soulful vision of feminism that SR once embodied not the timid liberal one that dominates the mainstream media”.
She said the new title will be funny, have the feel of a girls’ club and rather than be a niche publication will be found along mainstream women’s titles like Cosmopolitan.
President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
Aylan Kurdi: Canadian immigration minister suspends election campaign to investigate why 'Syrian family's refugee application was refused'
Refugee crisis: Aylan's life was full of fear - in death, he is part of 'humanity washed ashore'
- 1 President Obama leaves touching comment on Humans of New York photo from Iran
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 The Chinese city where men have 'three girlfriends because there are so many women'
- 4 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This national business publishi...
£14500 - £16000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22 - £25k basic + Commission=OTE £35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Bathroom Sh...
£18 - 20k + Benefits: Guru Careers: An Account Executive / Account Manager is ...