Sales of The Independent's journalism highest since 1995
Friday 13 April 2012
Latest data from the Audit Bureau of Circulations shows that sales of The Independent’s journalism are now at their highest level in 17 years, thanks to the continued growth of the i newspaper.
Official circulation figures for March show that the i newspaper had an average sale of 211,284, which represents a rise of 2% on the average February sale and a 29% increase on March 2011. The combined sale of i and The Independent was 281,736, the highest circulation of The Independent’s journalism since 1995.
The headline circulation of the i, including bulk copies such as those distributed on airlines, was 273,794. The Independent sale was slightly down on February, in line with the rest of the quality newspaper market.
Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
Michael Brown shooting: Ferguson police shoot and kill second young black man
James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
Iraq crisis: Islamic State's message to America - 'We will drown you all in blood'
Ferguson: In the heartlands of America, a descent into madness
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£45-50k (DOE) + Bonus & Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced ...
£30 - 35k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an Account Manager to join ...
£Excellent + Benefits: Guru Careers: A Social Advertising Manager / Social Med...
£30 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Web Developer / Front End Web Developer (PHP ...