Sarah Sands is appointed editor of Standard
Sarah Sands has been appointed editor of the London Evening Standard after three years in the role of deputy editor.
Her appointment was announced by Evgeny Lebedev, owner of the Standard and The Independent, who wrote in a tweet: "Proud to announce Sarah Sands is new #Standard Editor. Sure she and her brilliant staff will do a great job in a huge year for the paper".
Ms Sands' predecessor, Geordie Greig, resigned a month ago to edit the Mail on Sunday.
Her previous posts include deputy editor of the Daily Telegraph and editor of the Sunday Telegraph.
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 per annum + pension,bonus,career progression: Ashdown Group: An establi...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...