‘Scottish Sun’ appoints showbiz journalist Gordon Smart as editor
Tuesday 08 October 2013
The showbiz journalist Gordon Smart has been appointed editor of The Scottish Sun.
Mr Smart, 33, the editor of The Sun’s long-running Bizarre pages for the past six years, replaces Andrew Harries as head of the title following a three-year stint.
The former showbiz reporter of the year has been at The Sun for a decade, joining after working as a reporter in Dundee for The Courier and The Evening Telegraph.
He said: “I am absolutely thrilled about returning to my native Scotland at such a critical and exciting time for the country. To be back on home turf leading the amazing staff at The Scottish Sun... is the opportunity of a lifetime.”
Hopes raised for treatment of severe amnesia after scientists retrieve lost memory – using light
Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
Poorest part of London is wealthier than the richest parts of Northern Ireland and Wales
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
How to live to be really old
- 1 10 ways we damage our teeth – without realising
- 2 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 3 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
- 4 Photo of wedding guest proposing to girlfriend in front of bride and groom goes viral
- 5 Charlie Charlie Challenge explained: it's just gravity — not a Mexican demon being summoned
£20 - 28k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Graduate Software Develop...
£16000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: High quality, dedicated Delegat...
£35-40k (DOE) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Marketing Communicati...
£16000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The ideal candidate will want t...