‘Scottish Sun’ appoints showbiz journalist Gordon Smart as editor
Tuesday 08 October 2013
The showbiz journalist Gordon Smart has been appointed editor of The Scottish Sun.
Mr Smart, 33, the editor of The Sun’s long-running Bizarre pages for the past six years, replaces Andrew Harries as head of the title following a three-year stint.
The former showbiz reporter of the year has been at The Sun for a decade, joining after working as a reporter in Dundee for The Courier and The Evening Telegraph.
He said: “I am absolutely thrilled about returning to my native Scotland at such a critical and exciting time for the country. To be back on home turf leading the amazing staff at The Scottish Sun... is the opportunity of a lifetime.”
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£60k - 80k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£35k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We are currently recruit...