Trinity Mirror to cut 75 jobs
Trinity Mirror is to lay off nearly 20 per cent of its national newspaper journalists as it merges the editorial teams of the Daily Mirror, the Sunday Mirror and The People.
News of the 75 job losses is the latest in a long series of cuts in the sector, which is suffering from reduced circulation and a decline in advertising revenues.
Telegraph Media Group, publishers of the Daily Telegraph, made 30 redundancies this week. The cuts come as Fleet Street faces questions over its practices at Lord Justice Leveson's public inquiry into media standards, a hearing prompted by the phone-hacking scandal at News International's News of the World.
The cuts at Trinity Mirror come in spite of the closure of the News of the World in July which delivered significant increases in circulation and advertising revenues to the Sunday Mirror and The People, its two main rivals.
Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
Greece elections: Greek PM Alexis Tsipras takes aim at 'neo-liberal' Europe as country gears up for prolonged austerity battle
Auschwitz liberation 70th anniversary: Woman sent to three Nazi death camps describes surviving gas chamber
Pornhub star Mia Khalifa receives death threats after being ranked the site's top adult actress
Prince Philip set to be knighted by Australia: Celebrate by reading his greatest gaffes
- 1 The BBC has just done more to eradicate ‘terrorism’ than all our wars since 9/11
- 2 Dog thinks owner is drowning in lake, dives in and tries to pull him out
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Chilling drone footage captures Auschwitz ahead of 70th anniversary of liberation
- 5 Phil Neville backtracks on Tomas Rosicky 'I'd smash him' comments from Match of the Day 2
£30000 - £35000 per annum + 25 days holidays & pension: Ashdown Group: Marketi...
£26 - 35k (DOE): Guru Careers: An Email Marketing Specialist is needed to join...
£50000 per annum + 26 days, pension, private medical : Ashdown Group: A highly...
£50000 per annum + 26 days holiday,pension: Ashdown Group: A highly successful...