Tunisian newspaper fined over footballer's nude girlfriend
Friday 09 March 2012
A Tunisian court has fined a newspaper publisher for violating public morals by printing a photograph of a footballer's naked girlfriend.
Nasreddine Ben Saida was fined 1,000 dinars (£420) yesterday and the court ordered all copies of the issue destroyed.
Ettounsia newspaper published the photo, which first appeared in the German edition of GQ magazine, last week. It showed the Real Madrid midfielder Sami Khedira, who is of Tunisian origin, embracing the German model Lena Gercke. He is wearing a dinner jacket, and his hand is resting on her breast.
Critics called the case an attack on media freedom.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Guide dog mauled while helping owner deliver Christmas cards
Life on Earth may have developed below rather than above ground, reveal scientists
Nelson Mandela’s complex bond with Britain
The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
10 stone five-year-old taken into care
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- < Previous
- Next >
£27000 - £31000 per annum + Benefits: Flight Centre Limited: Global travel com...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: "Exciting Audit S...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: As part of an ongoing effort to support local...
Unpaid: Kaya Responsible Travel: Put your media, photography and arts flair in...