TV news Kelvin MacKenzie gets a taste of his own medicine
Well done Alex Thomson. Channel 4's newshound spent most of yesterday afternoon chasing down former-Sun editor Kelvin MacKenzie over his infamous "The Truth" front page following the Hillsborough disaster.
It seems MacKenzie, now a professionally irate pundit, hasn't been too keen to chat, so the tenacious Thomson door-stepped him at home. First at his front door and then again as he tried to slip away in a Mercedes.
"Please Alex, this isn't reasonable," pleaded MacKenzie. Not content with his story for the evening news, the door-stepping scourge took to Twitter to berate MacKenzie some more. Thomson followers were split on whether he was a crusading hack in search of justice or a petty attention-seeker.
Either way, it made great telly.
Stand by for another DECADE of wet summers, say Met Office meteorologists
Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
Feat of engineering: Incredible photographs show construction beneath New York's Second Avenue
World news in pictures
Google challenges US surveillance gagging order
- 1 Disability campaigners celebrate 'victory' after government rethink over plans to make it more difficult to claim disability benefits
- 2 Bankers could face jail after report urges the Government to introduce new criminal offence for reckless management
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 We never knew Nigella Lawson - and we still don’t
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£200 - £250 per day: Progressive Recruitment: Java Developer- £200-£250 London...
£20,000 - £23,000: Co-Venture: This is an exciting opportunity to work for a v...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working on international markets without ge...
£20,000 - £45,000 OTE: Co-Venture: Working for this company will give you a ch...