UK edition of Closer will not publish topless Kate photos
Friday 14 September 2012
The UK edition of Closer magazine moved to distance itself from the French publication which published the topless photos of the Duchess Of Cambridge - and said it would never use the shots.
The similarity of the covers of the two magazines has caused some people to wonder whether they are part of the same stable.
But the UK publisher issued a statement this morning to clarify that the French edition was printed under licence by another firm and both magazines made editorial decisions independently.
The statement said: "Closer magazine UK is published by Bauer Consumer Media. The French edition meanwhile is published under a licence by a totally different company, an Italian business called Mondadori.
"Closer magazine UK would like to make it clear that the two publications make entirely independent editorial decisions. In this respect the comments made by the editor of the French edition which have been reported in the media today do not reflect the opinions of Closer magazine UK.
"Closer magazine UK was not offered any pictures of this nature and certainly has no intention of publishing the photographs of the Duchess of Cambridge which have been published in France this morning.
"Closer magazine UK takes its obligations under the PCC Code extremely seriously and would never publish topless images of a member of the royal family on its cover or otherwise."
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
£30-35k + Excellent Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Management Accoun...
£40 - 60k + Amazing Benefits: Guru Careers: A UI Designer / UX Designer is nee...
£30 - 35k: Guru Careers: An SEO Manager / SEO Expert is needed to join an inno...
£30 - 35k + Uncapped Comission (£70k Y1 OTE): Guru Careers: A Business Develop...