Vice magazine versus i-D: When two (style) tribes go to war
On Tuesday Vice Media upped its quest for global domination by purchasing British fashion magazine i-D. So, how do the two compare?
Then: Feral upstart – its first UK cover (in 2002) featured a mirror and a line of cocaine
Now: Brand-partnering mini media empire
Where it’s found: In one of the 16,000 carefully selected “lifestyle venues” around the globe
Investors: WPP (advert giant); Tom Freston (MTV founder); Raine Group (private equity firm)
In a line: Read by people who know better than to ever use the word “hipster”.
Then: Hand-stapled fanzine for those too cool to read Vogue
Now: Glossy tome for those too cool to read Vogue
Where it’s found: Photography studio’s coffee tables; model agency desks
Investors: er, Vice Media (founder Terry Jones and wife Tricia remain shareholders)
In a line: Read by the people who Vice take the piss out of for taking fashion too seriously.
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£22000 per annum + pension,bonus,career progression: Ashdown Group: An establi...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Junior Business Systems Analyst role...
£30-35k (P/T - Pro Rata) + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienc...