'Quiet man' IDS wigs out to Springsteen
He may not seem the type to let his hair down. But Iain Duncan Smith will reveal an unexpected rebellious streak today by choosing a Bruce Springsteen song as one of his Desert Island Discs.
The self-proclaimed "quiet man" of politics will reveal a louder side with a track by a singer long identified with blue-collar workers. The BBC was tight-lipped about precisely which Springsteen song it was – saying only that it was from his latest album.
As befits a champion of family values, Mr Duncan Smith pays tribute to his mother, a former ballet dancer, with Swan Lake. And he also includes a single by an obscure Euro-pop act, Suzi Lyon – his sister, Susan. The most extensive mention, however, is reserved for his father, who we learn was once propositioned by Marilyn Monroe.
Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
April Fools' Day 2015 live: The best pranks and fake stories from around the world
University of Cambridge: Remains of 1,300 scholars are found under building
Turkey power cut: Prime Minister says nationwide blackout could be caused by terrorists
- 1 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 2 I might be an MP, but that doesn't stop me fighting sexism with my breasts
- 3 Martha Stewart accuses Snoop Dogg of 'smoking for four hours' during Justin Bieber Roast
- 4 Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
- 5 April Fools' Day 2015: The best hoax news stories from around the internet
£20000 - £25000 per annum + commission: SThree: Real Staffing's Pharmaceutical...
£38000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: A leading consu...
£12 - £15 Hourly Rate: Sheridan Maine: Are you an experienced Accounts Assista...
£21,000 - £24,000 Annual: Sheridan Maine: Are you looking for a new opportunit...