Talk of the trade: Britain isn't, Belgium is
Wednesday 11 May 1994
Britain and Gambia came equal 39th out of the 186 countries listed. Belgium was judged to have the freest media and Iraq the least free. Britain's rating suffers from the government ban on broadcasting the words of Irish terrorist sympathisers and from the concentration of press ownership, with Rupert Murdoch's News International controlling five daily and Sunday titles.
Boston Marathon runner's search for mystery man she kissed ends with letter from his wife
Saudi Arabia's King Salman sacks senior aide for 'slapping' a journalist behind him live on TV
Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
Italian police 'reveal' what Jesus looked like as a young boy
Florida couple forced to register as sex offenders for having sex on public beach
- 1 Morgan Freeman on the riot-focused coverage of the Baltimore protests: 'F**k the media'
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 Length of pregnancy can vary by up to five weeks, scientists discover
£20000 - £25000 per annum + commission: SThree: Real Staffing's Pharmaceutical...
£50 - 60k (DOE): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Business Analyst / Digital Bus...
£30 - 40k (£65k Y1 OTE Uncapped): Guru Careers: We are seeking a Business Deve...
Competitive (DOE): Guru Careers: We are looking for an ambitious and adaptable...