Talk of the trade: Knight to a king
A founder member of The Independent David Lister joined the paper in 1986 as Assistant Home Editor. He became the paper's arts correspondent in 1988 and is now Arts Editor and writes a column each Saturday. He is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Wednesday 26 May 1993
So will this prove a lifeline to the perpetually cash-starved National Theatre? It appears not. Apparently, even with a film based on the same production with the same lead actor, there are no obligations to help the taxpayer fund its original source. Mind you, perhaps after two years on National Theatre pay, Sir Ian deserves to reap larger rewards.
Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
Black Friday UK: The shops hit by chaos and violence as shopping frenzy sweeps country
Russell Brand: 'Katy Perry? I don’t know who that is'
Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£30k - 38k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: An award-winning consume...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£60k - 80k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£35k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We are currently recruit...