The week's most popular Diggs: Best riot picture, Obama, Windows 7
Tuesday 13 October 2009
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on October 13.
1. Best Riot Picture Ever !! - an image hosted on imgur.com showing a farmer covering policemen with milk - shot straight from a cow's udder.
2. Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize - an article hosted on the BBC website discussing Obama's Nobel Peace Prize win.
3. Daddy's Little Girl Is All Grown Up - an image of a Facebook conversation hosted on nextround.net in which a girl states she would never buy a car that wasn't American, forgetting to mention that she drives a Volvo (that her parents bought for her). When her dad suggests they sell the car and she can walk to work, another user writes, "You can't sell that car, not with all the stains I popped off in the backseat" - much to her dad's dismay.
4. A Review of the Pirated Copy of Windows 7 I Bought On eBay - a very humorous review of the forthcoming Windows 7 OS release hosted on cracked.com. The reviewer buys a pirated version of Windows 7 on the internet in hope of reviewing the software before it has been released by Microsoft only to find Windows 7 is very disappointing.
5. Family Guy: Then and Now - an image hosted on imgur.com that shows how the cast members of the hit TV animated series Family Guy have changed over the past 10 years.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Pope Francis: ‘One in 50’ Catholic priests, bishops and cardinals is a paedophile
Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
Supermoon 2014 in pictures: Moon appeared bigger and brighter at the weekend
Saharan remains may be evidence of first race war, 13,000 years ago
Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 1 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 2 Orange Is The New Black has not been cancelled – it was a hoax
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Content Manager - Central...
£52000 - £58000 per annum + benefits, company car: Ashdown Group: Advertising ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + pension, 25 days holiday: Ashdown Group: A highly ...
£30000 - £40000 per annum: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: Sales Engineer - Cow...