The week's most popular Diggs: Best riot picture, Obama, Windows 7
Tuesday 13 October 2009
The most popular news, videos and images as picked by Digg users during the last seven days, recorded on October 13.
1. Best Riot Picture Ever !! - an image hosted on imgur.com showing a farmer covering policemen with milk - shot straight from a cow's udder.
2. Obama wins 2009 Nobel Peace Prize - an article hosted on the BBC website discussing Obama's Nobel Peace Prize win.
3. Daddy's Little Girl Is All Grown Up - an image of a Facebook conversation hosted on nextround.net in which a girl states she would never buy a car that wasn't American, forgetting to mention that she drives a Volvo (that her parents bought for her). When her dad suggests they sell the car and she can walk to work, another user writes, "You can't sell that car, not with all the stains I popped off in the backseat" - much to her dad's dismay.
4. A Review of the Pirated Copy of Windows 7 I Bought On eBay - a very humorous review of the forthcoming Windows 7 OS release hosted on cracked.com. The reviewer buys a pirated version of Windows 7 on the internet in hope of reviewing the software before it has been released by Microsoft only to find Windows 7 is very disappointing.
5. Family Guy: Then and Now - an image hosted on imgur.com that shows how the cast members of the hit TV animated series Family Guy have changed over the past 10 years.
Putin accuses US of causing global instability
Eleven members of same family hospitalised after eating deadly pufferfish
Phone-hacking: The Piers Morgan connection - Mirror admits some stories during Morgan's tenure may have been obtained by illegal means
Tony Blair 'says Ed Miliband will lose 2015 general election'
Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 1 Revolutionary lost Caravaggio painting 'Mary Magdalen in Ecstasy' identified
- 2 McKamey Manor: This 'extreme' haunted house is the stuff of nightmares
- 3 Russell Brand says he will 'probably' give up acting to focus on his revolution
- 4 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 5 David Beckham's Haig Club whisky is exactly what’s wrong with the Highlands
competitive benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Outstanding analytic expertise is req...
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: Are you the king or Queen o...
£50k + commission: Savvy Media Ltd: Great opportunity to work for a team that ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel like your sales role...