Baroness Thatcher funeral sets TV record
Tuesday 28 May 2013
The BBC's coverage of Baroness Thatcher's funeral was the third-most-requested live television programme ever on the iPlayer – with only the Olympics proving more popular.
There were 986,000 requests for the programme, with most viewers watching on a live stream as the former Prime Minister was honoured at a service at St Paul's Cathedral. Only the coverage of day 11 at the 2012 Games and the Opening Ceremony have attracted more live viewers.
There were 257 million iPlayer requests for April, slightly down on the previous month with the BBC attributing this to Easter holidays and lighter evenings.
Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
Kim Sears responds to swearing controversy with 'parental advisory' T-shirt at Andy Murray's Australian Open final
Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Gorillaz Phase 4: Cartoon supergroup is back as new artwork is unveiled
- 5 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Lead Web Develo...
£33000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An External Relations Executive is requi...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This established Digital Agency based in East ...