BBC Trust spent £3.2m in move to new office
Monday 22 February 2010
media The BBC Trust, the watchdog entrusted with getting the best out of the BBC for licence payers, has spent £3.2m on new premises. It signed a £2.2m, eight-year lease for the new headquarters in central London's Great Portland Street, one of the capital's most exclusive addresses. Another £1m was spent on refurbishment. A spokesman for the Trust said: "The Trust's current office in Great Portland Street was chosen on the basis that it offered the best value for money of all the options considered."
Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
Scottish independence: Police will be on high alert on Friday whatever the result
The wedding photo from Ground Zero: A shot in the dark
QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university
Scottish independence exclusive: Millions of banknotes sent to Scotland in case Yes vote sparks run on ATMs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
- 5 QS university world rankings: Imperial College London leapfrogs Oxford to join Cambridge as best British university
Negotiable: Ashdown Group: Interim Head of Marketing / Marketing Manager / Dig...
£28 - 36k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Brand Manager / Senior Account Manager is nee...
£20 - 24k (Uncapped Commission - £35k Year 1 OTE): Guru Careers: We are seekin...
£40k - £50k depending on experience: Sheffield Doc/Fest: Sheffield Doc/Fest is...