BBC unveils the John Peel wing
Saturday 03 March 2012
The BBC is to name a wing of the newly refurbished Broadcasting House after its pioneering DJ John Peel.
The section of the central London building is on the site of Egton House, home to Radio 1 for about a decade. Peel, who died in 2004, was one of the station's original DJs in 1967 and was still broadcasting up until his death.
Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
Seth Rogen compiles list of all the celebrities he’s got high with
Oscar Pistorius trial: Photographs of Paralympian splattered in blood after Reeva Steenkamp shooting shown in court
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: New radar evidence suggests missing plane may have been hijacked
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Best films on Netflix: 32 movies that will put an end to your scrolling
- 3 Istanbul protesters take 'Ellen selfie' from the back of a police van
- 4 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Jet ‘hijacking’ began soon after take-off
- 5 Lady Gaga has struggled with eating disorders in the past, so it's indefensible that she's glamourising bulimia in her SXSW set
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The world's leading mobile adver...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: This company is made up of award...
Lunch and travel expenses: Inspiring Interns: Tearing up the world of graduate...
£45,000+ benefits: Freshtechit: Digital Project Manager London (Greater) / Ric...