BBC unveils the John Peel wing
Saturday 03 March 2012
The BBC is to name a wing of the newly refurbished Broadcasting House after its pioneering DJ John Peel.
The section of the central London building is on the site of Egton House, home to Radio 1 for about a decade. Peel, who died in 2004, was one of the station's original DJs in 1967 and was still broadcasting up until his death.
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- 5 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- < Previous
- Next >
£20000 - £45000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Key featuresA highly motivated ...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
£85000 - £100000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Marketing - Slough, Berkshi...
£18 - 20k + Bonus: Guru Careers: An Administration Assistant / Office Assistan...