BBC unveils the John Peel wing
Saturday 03 March 2012
The BBC is to name a wing of the newly refurbished Broadcasting House after its pioneering DJ John Peel.
The section of the central London building is on the site of Egton House, home to Radio 1 for about a decade. Peel, who died in 2004, was one of the station's original DJs in 1967 and was still broadcasting up until his death.
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 London is the most googled city in the world
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Richard Dawkins ridicules Sabrina Corgatelli for claiming her giraffe kill was 'ethical'
£20000 - £25000 per annum + OTE £45K: SThree: SThree Group have been well esta...
£20 - £30k DOE + OTE + BENEFITS: Guru Careers: A Business Development Manager ...
£20k plus sales linked bonus. : Guru Careers: We are seeking a Copywriter to j...
Up to £26k DOE: Guru Careers: A Junior / Mid-Level 3D Creative Designer is nee...