Big Brother ends: 'So, have we missed anything interesting?'
Yesterday evening marked the end of a chapter. Not a particularly august chapter, or a particularly well-watched one, but nonetheless the latest series of Channel 5's Big Brother drew to its close last night. It's been a rocky ride, what with the viewing figures halving from a 2.7 million peak and those nasty accusations of bullying. But still we can wish the contestants well (apart from the bullying ones) as they emerge blinking into the light.
So what have they missed, in these past 10 weeks? Well, Coronation Street's Kym Marsh has been done for fly-tipping – one of her scripts gave the game away (would you believe it?); pig farmers' group BPEX warned of a hike in bacon prices when a new EU directive kicks in; while Towie's Gemma is back with Arg after a barney. A dog called Norman also fell off something high but was unharmed. Oh and there was some sporting tournament in east London or something. But, I mean, can you believe that Kym Marsh – with her money, too?
That's some guestlist! Stunning images show huge dynastic wedding between Ultra-Orthodox Jewish families which attracted 25,000 guests
'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
German chancellor Angela Merkel named most powerful woman in the world by Forbes - again
World news in pictures
Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Bloody attack brings terror to capital’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Eyewitness gives extraordinary account of her confrontation with Woolwich attackers
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL might have a sinister plan as a soldier is murdered in suspected Islamic terrorist attack
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.