Doctor Who opens its Tardis door
Saturday 21 July 2012
A big new Doctor Who tourist attraction opened yesterday.
The Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff Bay offers fans of the hit sci-fi show the chance to ride in a Tardis as well as to come face to face with some of the Time Lord's most formidable enemies.
It is packed with dozens of rare artefacts and props from the show's 49-year history. It is sited near the new studios where the show is filmed and is expected to attract up to 250,000 visitors a year.
The organisers hope the building, which resembles a giant slug, will become a draw for fans and a top tourist attraction in Wales.
Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
Ex-Scientologist Carmen Llwyelyn blasts 'cult' and her treatment after divorce with Jason Lee
German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
Tunisia attack: 'Paralysed' police let gunman run amok for half an hour, says witness
- 1 Kim Jong-un shows off airport designed by architect he likely had executed
- 2 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 Fifty Shades of Grey author E.L James's Twitter Q&A didn't go exactly as planned
- 5 Facebook rainbow profile pictures likely being tracked by social network
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: First things first - for the av...
Competitive: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Creative Designer / Graphic Design...
£18 - 23k (DOE): Guru Careers: A Graduate Marketing Executive / Assistant is n...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers' in retail...