Essex reality show on Bafta shortlist
Wednesday 20 April 2011
The ITV show The Only Way Is Essex has been shortlisted for a Bafta, but faces stiff competition from some more highbrow hits.
The show is nominated with ITV1's costume drama, Downton Abbey, BBC1's Sherlock and critically-acclaimed Danish import The Killing.
The Only Way Is Essex, which follows the lives of several perma-tanned regulars on the Essex club scene, is up for the YouTube audience award.
Also in the running is Miranda and My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
The spoof reality show has been criticised for its negative representation of Essex.
Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
Ayesha Ali death: Mother and her girlfriend found guilty of manslaughter of eight-year-old
George Clooney and Amal fail to get special treatment at New York restaurant
Cindy Crawford 'un-PhotoShopped' viral Marie Claire image was doctored, claims photographer
'A girl is more responsible for rape than a boy': The statement that shocked the world... except India
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 3 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 4 Penis size: Study revealing 'what's normal' sends international media into meltdown
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Ledger & Credit Control...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: Our client help leading creative agencies ...
£36,000 - £40,000: Christine McCleave: Are you looking for a new opportunity a...