Essex reality show on Bafta shortlist
Wednesday 20 April 2011
The ITV show The Only Way Is Essex has been shortlisted for a Bafta, but faces stiff competition from some more highbrow hits.
The show is nominated with ITV1's costume drama, Downton Abbey, BBC1's Sherlock and critically-acclaimed Danish import The Killing.
The Only Way Is Essex, which follows the lives of several perma-tanned regulars on the Essex club scene, is up for the YouTube audience award.
Also in the running is Miranda and My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.
The spoof reality show has been criticised for its negative representation of Essex.
Nasa discovers yet another rocky exoplanet, and it's only 21 light years away
Labour rallies behind Flint as deputy leader to offset a Corbyn win
Kim Jong-un awarded global statesmanship prize by Indonesia
Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
Calais crisis: Migrants that have made it to the UK reveal how Britain has matched their expectations
- 1 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 2 It won’t work, Jeremy: The Health Secretary has lost the confidence of the medical profession in his attempt to reform the NHS
- 3 Uber's real-time nearby cars map is fake, data experts claim
- 4 Kim Jong-un awarded global statesmanship prize by Indonesia
- 5 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
£40000 - £47000 per annum + bonus + benefits: Ashdown Group: Senior Marketing ...
£20000 - £22000 per annum + up to £22K + commission : Sauce Recruitment: The ...
£24000 - £26000 per annum + up to £26K + team commission: Sauce Recruitment: H...
£30000 - £32000 per annum: Sauce Recruitment: A major film studio are looking ...