Former Barclays chairman Marcus Agius to quit BBC post after term
Monday 02 July 2012
The BBC has announced former Barclays chairman Marcus Agius will leave his position on its executive board in November when his term expires.
The Harvard educated banker, who has sat on the BBC board since 2006, resigned from Barclays this morning and announced an internal review into the bank's practices after the revelations of the rate-rigging scandal.
A BBC spokeswoman said: "Marcus Agius is currently serving his second three year term as the Senior Non-Executive Director on the BBC Executive Board. He will continue to discharge his duties as Senior Non-Executive Director until his second term expires in November."
When he was appointed to the position six years ago, Director-General Mark Thompson praised Mr Agius' "impressive and very successful track record in managing large institutions".
David Cameron today launched a full parliamentary inquiry into the rate-rigging scandal amid a wave of criticism of British banking.
America’s new apartheid: Prosperous white districts are choosing to break away from black cities and go it alone
Arizona shooting: Gun instructor accidentally killed by nine-year-old girl with Uzi
YouTube video posted by Isis militants shows 'execution of 250 Syrian soldiers'
Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
- 1 Paul Scholes: Manchester City were so good against Liverpool I felt like turning the television off
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 4 Homer Simpson takes the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he does
- 5 Hello Kitty is not a cat after all
- < Previous
- Next >
£28000 per annum: Ashdown Group: IT Software Application Support Analyst - Imm...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum + 25 days holiday and bonus: Clearwater People Solut...
£15,000 - £20,000: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join...
£20,000 - £25,000: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity to join...